Friday 16 October 2009

Introduction

Post One:

I've never been one to keep a diary... I tend to be the type who buys a new one every year thinking "I will use it this year", gets all diary happy writing in all the birthdays and important dates, before abandoning it a few weeks later. I am, however, interested in looking at other peoples thoughts, status updates and photos (even if I don't know them). It makes me wonder why we are all so interested in eachother and how we decide who to 'follow' and who to scroll past.

I have become increasingly fascinated with looking at photoblogs and it seems I'm not the only one.. Every magazine I read now has an article on the blogging generation, street style photographers, 13-year-old girls who get sent amazing clothes and sit in the front row at NY Fashion Week, and all things related.

Here, I will document my thoughts and see if anyone ends up sending me clothes, inviting me to events and giving me my own column etc. The purpose of this blog (seriously now) is to try to figure out the current fascination with The Sartorialist, Face Hunter etc. and consider whether the cult of 'celebrity' is becoming a thing of the past. In preparation for my final dissertation, I am excited to join the blog world and see what I can learn from it.

I began following photobloggers after reading an article 'London Fashion Week: Quality Street' from Stella Magazine during London Fashion Week S/S 09. I learned just how important these sites were becoming to designers, trend forecasters, editors and pretty much the entire fashion industry. Did you know the number of hits per day to www.thesartorialist.blogspot.com has doubled from 70,000 to 140,000 in just a year?

Over the next few months I will be adding to this blog and look forward to hearing your thoughts...

Until next time x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment