Wednesday 21 October 2009

What I Wore Today


So I'm still in the early stages of this blog... Still trying to figure out how to link to other blogs and my twitter account, track how many people are reading this and I plan to make it much more visual and personal...

So in the process of looking at all these blogs I've come across some interesting stuff. Firstly, a Flickr group where people post 'what they wore today' but instead of the usual photographs of themselves that you'd see on sites like lookbook.nu, this is a 'drawings only' group.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/whatiworetodaydrawings/

Here is my favourite post by Caitlin Quiet, you'll need to see it properly on the link below but I am in love with the detailing on her dress. I'm definitely going to attempt to draw myself and post it up in the next few days, somehow seems less vain than taking loads of photos of myself!


http://www.flickr.com/photos/caitlinghoster/3971378426/in/pool-whatiworetodaydrawings

I was leant a book (also funnily enough, titled) 'What I Wore Today: Fashion Remixed Online from Beijing to Berlin', which features self portrait prints by a number of bloggers from around the world. I was loaned the book under strict instructions not to take out any of the post-its!

Well I haven't taken them out but I have added a whole lot more!
x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment