Monday 26 October 2009

Taking More Liberty's


I took myself off to Carnaby Street yesterday to take my photo in the Liberty/SHOWstudio window. An interactive camera and sensor has been installed in the window since 5th October, for the public to capture their look for a competition judged by british designer Gareth Pugh. The images are uploaded on the SHOWstudio.com website as well as displayed live in the SHOWstudio: Fashion Revolution exhibition at Somerset House (see my post from 19th October).


As it was the final weekend of the competition, I was determined to visit the window to take my own picture and watch passers-by do the same. There was obviously a lot of tourists, children and random people intrigued by the window but I did notice a few people who had obviously (like me) come especially to take their photo after hearing about it through the exhibition or the Liberty Blog or via friends.



Unfortunately, I can't find my photo on the website today and I'm gutted because I should've taken a picture of it myself just incase. Anyway it was an experience and I'm glad I went to have a look (even if some of the Pret A Manger customers were looking strangely at me).

Take a look on the website, you will find some really stylish people, some idiots pulling faces, a binman, blogger Susie Lau of Style Bubble and if you look at today's date you will even find a couple of naked girls in cardboard boxes!

http://www.showstudio.com/project/takingmorelibertys/

x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment