Monday 21 December 2009

Brittany Murphy



Shocking news last night - Brittany Murphy died, aged 32. There's been plenty of speculation about the cause of her death so I'm not going to get involved in giving any false information...



I just thought it would be nice to pay tribute, as I thought she was a great actress. Obviously Clueless (which I used to watch pretty much every Sunday on video when I was a kid) was her first big hit but I also remember her as Sarah in Sister Sister way back in the days of sitting watching Nickelodeon all day...



I first came across her playing a serious role in Girl, Interrupted, although she wasn't a main character. She starred alongside Winona Ryder and Angelina Jolie, playing an anorexic girl who lived in a mental hospital and was abused by her father. 


Her big hit that really blew me away was Don't Say a Word, with Michael Douglas and Sean Bean. If you haven't yet seen this movie, you should! 



Then, in 8 Mile, she played Alex, girlfriend of B-Rabbit (Eminem) in 8 Mile. The only scene I really remember her in was when her and Em have a quickie round the corner in the factory. I Think it's fair to say she made less of an impression on me in this film...


Brittany also starred in many other films including Sin City (which I am ashamed to admit I have never seen) and less serious films such as Just Married, Uptown Girl and Riding in Cars with Boys.


RIP

No comments:

Post a Comment